Offer to Hobbyists and Students
At Metal Finishings Ltd, we are keen to give back to the community. For many years now, we have offered free or reduced cost treatments to students. We have decided now to introduce a special offer to students and hobbyists.
We are believers in the DIY movement at Metal Finishing Ltd and benefit from using open source technologies such as Linux, Python and Arduino, so we want to help the community out. So if you are a hobbyist making something interesting or a student making something for a class - we'll offer our services for free - for example anodising or electroplating. You will have to cover postage/courier fees as applicable.
Mark your e-mail for the attention of Michael Mulqueen and please don't forget to describe the product and parts. If you're happy with the service and surface treatment that you receive, all we ask is that you mention us or leave us a review.
Terms and Conditions
- Must be non-commercial or, at our discretion, a prototype
- You must give us a brief description of the project and the parts (preferably including photos) so that we can evaluate whether it is eligible for this offer or not.
- Offer does not apply to parts for vehicles (except for student programmes such as Student Formula Racing) - these are usually chargeable.
- No warranty is given, no certification is supplied and all work is done to our commercial standard.
- If you are pleased with the service and end result: please consider giving us a small mention/link back to our website in your publicity materials (blog post, exhibition, Instructables etc.) or leave us a review on Google+ (we'll send you a link).
- This offer extends to sulphuric anodising (natural or dyed) and clear or black zinc plating.
- This offer may extend, at our discretion, to: Iridite NCP, hard anodising, stainless steel passivation and salt spray testing.
- Turnaround time may be longer than you would expect with our paid work.
- This offer does not extend to chromic anodising or Alocrom.
- This offer is only applicable to small batch, one-off jobs where our costs are low enough to justify not charging.
- Other limitations may apply and this offer may be cancelled at any time without notice. We may turn away any jobs at our discretion.